This is the first thing I achieved from my Make Nine this year!
I should confess that I ended up making it just before the year started – I literally finished it at 3.30pm on New Year’s Eve and wore it out that night!
There isn’t a lot to say on this one. It’s easy to wear (which I once thought I would never say about a dress!) and I really like it. I added this to my Make Nine as I saw someone on the bus wearing a very similar dress and it looked great.
I do wonder whether this colour is right for me – it’s a bit dress like a crayon / turn into a full body crayon! I get a lot of compliments so it must be OK 🙂
It has POCKETS, which is always excellent.
All the deets:
Pattern: Simple Sew Cocoon Dress (View B)
Size: 18 (ish)
- Cut a 20, graded to 18 in the hips
- Added 3″ length (1.5″ in the bodice and 1.5″ in the leg bit)
- Took some width out of the sides which probably took it back to an 18 all over?
Fabric used: Canvas look Lyocell in Deep Blush from the Remnant Warehouse
Like it? Wearing it? YES and YES! It’s perfect for work and easy to wear – especially in the Australian summer 🙂
Notes for next time:
- Nil – it was pretty quick and easy to sew
- Definitely good to make again with the same adjustments
- There is also a view with sleeves – might be good for next time.
One down – eight to go! I had better shut up and go sew.