Beth from Sew DIY is working through her back catalogue to expand her size range (0 – 32 is the new size range, which is totally fantastic!). I have been putting my hand up to test a lot of the revisions for three reasons:
- The style of the patterns suits what I like – it’s more than basics, but in no way fussy.
- It’s fantastic to see designers expanding their range AND she drafts for tall people! Hurray!
- It’s the only way I seem to actually finish projects (see here).
This is the Lou Box Dress 2:
It’s made from a fantastic crepe rayon monstera print from IndieSew. It was a pretty easy sew and it’s great to throw on for work. I haven’t sewn many dresses I end up wearing (see here) but this is a hit!
A few more pictures:
All the deets:
Pattern: Sew DIY Lou Box Dress 2
Size: 20 or 22 (can’t remember!)
- I think I still added some length, but not much. With “square” skirts I usually make them too long and then hem to wherever looks right.
Fabric used: Crepe rayon
Like it? Wearing it? Yes and Yes
Notes for next time:
- Quick to make, easy to wear